OVERVIEW OF 2022 BRAZILIAN ELECTIONS
This project consits of analyzing the electoral data from the 2022 Brazilian election. More specifically, data from each ballot is gathered and processed from official government sources. A few questions like “What changed from the previous election (2018)?” or “How spatially concentrated are voters?” are some of the questions I wished to answer. In order to achieve this in a more compelling way, I created the dashboard below. Hover over the figures to display information and change the plots.
Update: The dashboard was hosted on an Amazon EC2, which costs money. Since I ran out of my free tier, I disabled it. However the code is still publicly available on GitHub.
- Whole code is written in Python;
- All data is downloaded from official Brazilian goverment websites (https://www.tse.jus.br/ and https://www.ibge.gov.br/);
- Data manipulation is performed with Pandas;
- Plots and maps are created with Plotly and Mapbox;
- Dashboard is created with Dash;
- The app can be executed directly with Python after installing all requirements or by building a Docker image;
- The Dashboard is currently hosted on a t2.micro AWS EC2 instance with Nginx (Web Server) and Gunicorn (Web Server Gateway Interface).